WordFinder Unlimited with Azure AD Federation
Use WordFinder Online
As a user with a Microsoft work or school account, you can access WordFinder Online via this link: app.wordfinder.com/azurelogin or click the “Sign in with Microsoft” button on our sign in page.
When you access WordFinder Online for the first time your “My dictionaries” list is empty. You select the dictionaries you want to work with by clicking the Settings-menu (the cog-wheel) and then Dictionaries.
Work with Dictionaries
Use WordFinder Pro for Windows
You can use WordFinder Pro for Windows with your Microsoft work or school account. If your installation requires an upgrade or you do not have WordFinder Pro for Windows installed, please see the section “Get WordFinder Pro for Windows” below.
Sign in by clicking the Sign in with Microsoft button in the WordFinder Application Manager sign in dialog, which will pop-up the first time you start WordFinder Pro for Windows, please see the screen-shot below.
Sync Your Dictionaries Manually
WordFinder Pro for Windows is kept in sync hourly. If you want to get access right away to dictionaries you’ve selected, click the WordFinder Application Manager icon and click “Sync Now”, please see the screen-shot below:
In addition to WordFinder Online and WordFinder Pro for Windows, we provide the following applications:
- WordFinder Pro for Mac
- WordFinder for iOS
- WordFinder for Android
To use these applications you will need a WordFinder ID, which is made up of your email address and a password of your choice. You will use this WordFinder ID when you set up these applications for the first time.
How to create a WordFinder ID?
In WordFinder Online, click the Settings-menu (the cog-wheel), select My account and enter a password to be used in conjunction with your Azure AD username (your username is automatically provided):
Get WordFinder Pro for Windows
This section is split in two parts, one covers the case where you are allowed to install software yourself and the other covers the case where your IT-department does the installation of software.
If you can install software yourself
Before downloading and installing WordFinder Pro, please sign in to WordFinder Online (see the section above) and select the dictionaries you want.
You need to download and install a new version of WordFinder Pro, please follow the steps below. If you need assistance, drop us a support request in the form to the right.
- IMPORTANT: As always before you do any changes to the WordFinder installation, please make a backup of any dictionaries you’ve bought from us and any dictionaries you have created yourself. Always keep such dictionaries in a separate folder from the dictionaries you subscribe on, e.g. in a sub-folder to your Documents folder.
- IMPORTANT II: If you have a current WordFinder Pro installation, please verify that there is NO login information entered in the setting (Tools/Verktyg -> Dictionary Management/Lexikonhantering -> Online dictionaries/Online lexikon -> Settings/Inställningar). If there is please REMOVE IT.
- Restart your computer to make sure no old WordFinder applications or tools are started.
- Download and run the WordFinder Installer for Windows.
- Sign in with WordFinder Application Manager. All dictionaries you’ve selected will be downloaded.
If your IT department installs software for you
Before launching WordFinder Pro, please sign in to WordFinder Online (see the section above) and select the dictionaries you want.
Your IT department can read more about deployment here. After your IT department has installed the software for you, follow the steps below:
- Double click the WordFinder Pro icon on your Desktop or in the Start-menu:
- WordFinder Pro will start, asking you to sign in and sync your licenses.
- Sign in with WordFinder Application Manager. All dictionaries you’ve selected and mandatory licenses will be synced.
Get WordFinder Pro for Mac
Before downloading and installing WordFinder Pro, sign in to WordFinder Online, please see the section above and select the dictionaries you want.
- IMPORTANT: As always before you do any changes to the WordFinder installation, please make a backup of any dictionaries you’ve bought from us and any dictionaries you have created yourself.
- Restart your computer to make sure that all WordFinder applications or tools have been shut down.
- Download and run the WordFinder Installer for Mac.
- If you are upgrading an old installation, please open the Preferences dialogue and verify your username and password and click “Check now”. If you are doing a new installation the preferences dialogue will be presented and ask for your username and password.
- The dictionaries you’ve selected will be downloaded.
Get WordFinder for iOS
Read more about our iOS app and download it from the Apple App Store
Get WordFinder for Android
Read more about our Android app and download it from Google Play
Thank you for your message!